- n the act of making something ready
- n any igniter that is used to initiate the burning of a propellant
- n the first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface
- v insert a primer into (a gun, mine, or charge) preparatory to detonation or firing
- v cover with a primer; apply a primer to
- v fill with priming liquid
- v assume a prim appearance
- v contract one's lips
- v dress primly
- The economy is in meltdown, consumer spending is dwindling and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is seriously considering priming the monetary system with change he found .
- In one priming exercise, students were asked to form sentences using specific groups of words.
- Those who read the status-priming story were far more likely to pick the green product than the luxury product.
News & Articles
- T-Mobile kicks off MetroPCS shift-over with new phones
LG's Optimus L9 is one smartphone that MetroPCS customers can now get their hands on. (Credit: Josh Miller/CNET) Starting Friday, MetroPCS customers will already be able to feel the effects of T-Mobile's buyout in the form of three new phones that customers can start using right away on T-Mobile's 4G network. Related stories How T-Mobile is priming a stronger LTE network with MetroPCS All about ...
June 14, 2013 - CNET
- Martin Biron in MiamiHerald.com
That's not the way we're going to win games,Biron said. "We've been priming ourselves on winning defensively and after some sound games it wasn't there tonight. We're going to have to tighten it up. It's a game that got away from us."
- Najib Razak in Reuters India
It (the fiscal deficit) all depends on the fiscal pump priming that we are going to do,Najib Razak, who is deputy prime minister and finance minister, said on Thursday, according to state news agency Bernama.
- Ralph Recto in Inquirer.net
There will be job losses in East Asia but there will be jobs in the Middle East because countries in the Middle East have responded to the crisis by pump-priming their economies,said Socio-Economic Planning Secretary Ralph Recto.