- n a chemical substance used in fumigation
- Other profitable work has been with acetylene (for welding, lighting), ethylene glycol (for anti-freeze mixtures), ethylene oxide (insecticide, fumigant).
- It is full of cheap, golden oak desks and big wall calendars and the unmistakable fumigant which characterizes railroad offices from the Bangor Aroostook to the Alaska Railroad.
News & Articles
- Salinas forum sparks fumigant debate
State pesticide officials can be certain of two things as they continue to unveil their plan to further regulate a widely-used agricultural fumigant in the Salinas Valley: Environmentalists and farmworker advocates will likely claim the finished product lacks teeth while growers will argue it's too restrictive and costly.
June 13, 2013 - The Salinas Californian
- Pesticide use debated by growers, workers
The California Department of Pesticide Regulation wants to increase regulations on the use of the pesticide chloropicrin, commonly used as a fumigant in strawberry production.
June 13, 2013 - The Adobe Press
- Peter McGauran in Brisbane Times
The project will involve extensive research into disinfestation and control methods, including the trialling of new post-harvest fumigant gases and tree trunk barriers to stop the weevil entering citrus trees,Agriculture Minister Peter...