fsb : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the internal counterintelligence agency of the Russian Federation and successor to the Soviet KGB; formerly led by Vladimir Putin
- n a federally chartered savings bank
- They hit the headquarters of the fsb and Interior Ministry, several large police stations, and a prison.
News & Articles
- Russia arrests suspect in foiled terror attacks
MOSCOW — Russia's counter-terrorism agency says special forces arrested a man Thursday who is accused of planning a terrorist attack on Moscow that the agency foiled last month. The National Anti-Terrorism Committee said in a statement that troops from the Federal Security Service, or FSB, arrested Yulai Davletbayev in suburban Moscow Thursday morning. Russian TV showed images of special forces ...
June 6, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Alexander Litvinenko in The Australian
In our country the secret services work to keep a ruling clan in power,Litvinenko says in the film. "The FSB is the weapon of a caste."
- Vladimir Bukovsky in International Herald Tribune
The KGB has come to power under the name of the FSB,Bukovsky said, referring to the Federal Security Service, the main KGB successor agency.
- Sergei Ivanov in Reuters.uk
We continue to deny our involvement in the incident which happened to the former employee of the FSB Alexander Litvinenko,Sergei Ivanov, a spokesman for Russia's foreign intelligence service, told Reuters.