- n a medium size square-rigged warship of the 18th and 19th centuries
- n a United States warship larger than a destroyer and smaller than a cruiser
- Thousands watched in silence as the old frigate was towed away by the mine sweeper Grebe, her brand-new sails tightly furled.
- Guided missile frigates (FFG) bring an anti-air warfare (AAW) capability to the frigate mission, but they have some limitations.
- The frigate HMS Cornwall on patrol in the North Arabian Gulf.
News & Articles
- Civil War lore enthralls kids at camp
The history of the frigate USS Merrimack, the Civil War battleship, might seem weighty material for the summer camp crowd. Not so for 10 youngsters enrolled in the Junior Historian Camp at the Historical Society of Berks County in Reading.
June 27, 2013 - Reading Eagle
- A Buyers Market For Anti-Ship Missiles
June 26, 2013: There was recently a SINKEX (sinking exercise) in which Norway fired one of their locally made Naval Strike Missiles (NSM) at a decommissioned 2,100 ton Oslo class frigate. The NSM, fired from a smaller missile boat, hit the frigate, did a lot of damage but did not sink it.
June 26, 2013 - Strategy Page
- Frugal Frigate children's bookstore in Redlands offers summer programs
The Frugal Frigate children's bookstore, 9 N. Sixth St., Redlands, offers summer programs for children, including the Kids' Summer Club and story times.
June 25, 2013 - Redlands Daily Facts