- n United States economist noted as a proponent of monetarism and for his opposition to government intervention in the economy (born in 1912)
News & Articles
- Friedman Industries, Incorporated Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Results of Operations
Friedman Industries, Incorporated , a Texas-based company engaged in pipe manufacturing, steel coil processing and steel and pipe distribution, announced today its results of operations for the quarter and year ended March 31, 2013.
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Milton Friedman: Please Come Back, All is Forgiven!
Milton Friedman once said that “if you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there’d be a shortage of sand”. I think if he were around still, he would need to revise that. It doesn’t take years to have a shortage of sand and the sand gets blown away pretty quickly. He also went on to say that there was “nothing so permanent as a temporary government program ...
June 12, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Jesse Friedman: “Forget it? I can never forget it. It never, ever goes away”
Jesse Friedman has gone through hell for a crime he says he didn't commit. Now he might get his life back
June 11, 2013 - Salon.com
- Ben Bernanke in BusinessWeek
Among economic scholars, Milton Friedman had no peer,Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said. "The direct and indirect influences of his thinking on contemporary monetary economics would be difficult to overstate."