freckled : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v become freckled
- v mark with freckles
- s relating to or covered with or resembling freckles
- Led into the courtroom in handcuffs, photographers captured the mix of beauty and blankness on the lightly freckled visage of the former University of Washington student.
- The White House announced that friendly, freckled Gordon Dean, a member of AEC since May 1949, would be the new $17,500-a-year chief of the nation's billion-dollar atomic energy .
- Less freckled than she was a year ago but just as versatile, Minnow Rawls broke her own world's record in the 300-meter medley championship, barely missed regaining her 220-yd .
News & Articles
- Salt and Straw cones rely on local chocolate
Freckled Woodblock starts with cocoa beans from Trinidad and Costa Rica. “We can track every bean back to its farm,” says Charley Wheelock, who started Woodblock Chocolate with his wife, Jessica, around the time Kim and Tyler Malek launched the Salt & Straw ice cream company. After the ...
June 28, 2013 - Portland Tribune
- Mark Twain in guardian.co.uk
Undersized, red-haired and somewhat freckled, it turned out,wrote Twain, "that he had never read aloud to people and was too shy to venture the attempt now."
- William T Sherman in Bloomberg
It's a big, intricate narrative, tied together by one character, an illiterate Missourian whom the young William Tecumseh Sherman described as "a small, stoop-shouldered man, with freckled face, soft blue eyes and nothing to indicate extraordinary...