franc : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the basic monetary unit in many countries; equal to 100 centimes
- The franc teetered sickeningly last week, plunged from 31% to the dollar to 35 13, steadied, gathered strength, skyrocketed to 30%.
- The franc appreciated to 25 to the dollar last week, its highest since 1925, a rise of 20% in gold value since November.
- The franc reached the lowest point in its recorded history when it fell to more than 20 to the dollar.
News & Articles
- Forex - USD/CHF edges higher ahead of Fed meeting
Investing.com - The U.S. dollar edged higher against the Swiss franc on Monday, as investors eyed a highly-anticipated policy statement by the Federal Reserve later in the week. USD/CHF hit
June 17, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Forex - USD/CHF higher, Fed jitters persist
Investing.com - The U.S. dollar was higher against the Swiss franc on Wednesday, as speculation over whether the Federal Reserve will begin to scale back its asset purchase program later this
June 12, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Forex - USD/CHF lower as Fed remains in focus
Investing.com - The U.S. dollar was lower against the Swiss franc on Tuesday, as investors remained focused on whether the Federal Reserve will begin to unwind its stimulus program in the near
June 11, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Gary Kubiak in Seattle Post Intelligencer
He (Earl) does have the lis-franc injury,said Houston head coach Gary Kubiak. "He'll have surgery on Tuesday. The recovery on this: nine to twelve months, so Glenn's season is done. He will go on injured reserve. Glenn was having a fine...
- Robert Prechter in Forexyard
If you are betting against the dollar, the Swiss franc is a better place to go (than the euro),Prechter said.
- Alberto Contador in AFP
After looking back at my season, and given that I haven't raced since the Tour de Franc we have decided it's best to give up my place to someone else,Contador said in a press release following talks with Spain's team chief Jose Luis de Santos.