- n a piece broken off or cut off of something else
a fragment of rock
- n a broken piece of a brittle artifact
- n an incomplete piece
fragments of a play
- v break or cause to break into pieces
The plate fragmented
- Borrowing two of the world's 49 remaining volumes of the Gutenberg Bible, leaves from the 36-line Bible and the Sibyllenbuch fragment, the Davis team exposed them, one at a time .
- This is something that has deliberately self mutilated as it were, that's the last maimed fragment of Voldemort's soul.
- It's going to be very hard now to talk of the FARC as a national guerrilla movement it's going to fracture and fragment even more, and the important thing for the Uribe .
News & Articles
- Video: These New Puritans: "Fragment Two"
British art rockers These New Puritans have shared the video for "Fragment Two" off Field of Reeds . Directed by Daniel Askill and created with the Creators Project , the slow-moving clip finds the musicians performing on a dark, icy plain, with mountains in the distance, before crossing through a pristine church to a pretty stunning nighttime cityscape. Revisit Laura Snapes' interview with the ...
June 13, 2013 - Pitchfork
- Man Struck By Bullet Fragment During Attempted Robbery
A man was hit by a bullet fragment during an attempted robbery late Wednesday night in south Nashville.
June 13, 2013 - News Channel 5 Nashville
- Study Measures Changes In Brain Proteins In Alzheimer's Patients For First Time
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online A significant and potentially pivotal difference between the brains of patients with an inherited form of Alzheimer's disease and healthy family members who do not have it has been measured by researchers at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. Researchers have long known that a protein fragment called amyloid beta builds up ...
June 13, 2013 - redOrbit
- Steve Nash in USA Today
We've got a choice to make,Nash said. "Are we going to come together and make the most of the situation and give ourselves a chance, or are we going to cry about it and fragment and splinter and not give ourselves a chance?"
- Steve Ballmer in Computerworld
This would also fragment your search advertising and display advertising strategies and the ecosystem surrounding them. This would undermine the reliance on your display advertising business to fuel future growth,Ballmer wrote.
- Zalmay Khalilzad in The Age
President Mbeki actions appear to be protecting Mr. Mugabe, and to be working hand in glove with him at times while he, Mugabe, uses violent means to fragment and weaken the opposition,Khalilzad said.