forty-four : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s being four more than forty
- But thanks to the hard work of caring parents, innovative educators, and some very committed students, all forty-four seniors of this year's class were accepted to more than .
- Also acknowledges some racism in America, "but I am totally convinced that 99 and forty-four one-hundredths percent of Americans are going to make the decision based on who is best .
- A comment, from my colleague and PTI movie critic Richard Corliss, re the line about forty-four Americans having taken the Presidential oath: "No, 43.
News & Articles
- 44 people arrested, booked Thursday into Polk County
Forty-four people were arrested and booked into the Polk County Jail Thursday, jail logs show.
June 14, 2013 - The Des Moines Register
- Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office graduates 44 inmates from 2013 re-entry program
Forty-four Orleans Parish inmates, for years denied almost all close contact with family members, sat just feet away from parents and other relatives waiting to congratulate them Thursday. The occasion: The 23rd class was graduating from the Sheriff's Office's Re-entry...
June 14, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- NH woman unharmed in Vt. deer-car crash
A driver is unharmed after she collided with a deer on Interstate 91 in Brattleboro, Vt. Forty-four-year-old Ronda Hathorn of Enfield, N.H., tried to brake to avoid the deer on southbound I-91, but her left front bumper/fender area struck it about 7 a.m. Thursday. The deer didn't survive. Late Wednesday, a car driven by 57-year-old David Paquette of Middlebury collided with a bear on U.S. Route ...
June 13, 2013 - WPTZ Burlington
- Kenyon Martin in Seattle Post Intelligencer
It was guys making shots,Martin said. "Forty-four assists, it's hard to beat a team when they have that many assists. To score 168 points at this level is unheard of, and 84 points in both halves is just crazy."
- Cesc Fabregas in WalesOnline
Of his feelings following last night's championship victory, Fabregas added: "This the best day of my life as a football player." "I don't think we're conscious yet of what we have achieved. Forty-four years later we did it again."...
- Barack Obama in The Miami Herald
In the second paragraph of his inaugural address, Obama said, "Forty-four Americans have now taken the presidential oath."