- v warn in advance or beforehand; give an early warning
I forewarned him of the trouble that would arise if he showed up at his ex-wife's house
- I forewarn you, the Lake Waco area of Old Mount Carmel will be terribly shaken.
- His own inexperience might account for his rude shock, but why did not his seasoned foreign policy aides forewarn him? Perhaps because they figure, as one top White House foreign .
- Even so, Casey displayed a lack of judgment in failing to forewarn the President of his potentially embarrassing background.
News & Articles
- Microsoft/Oracle: A Yawner That Could Have Been Much More
If someone has to forewarn you that "BIG NEWS IS COMING!", rest assured that no big news is coming. That's what I thought when Oracle CEO Larry Ellison tried to soften another round of poor earnings with a pre-announcement that it would be soon showcasing "partnerships with the largest and most important SAAS companies in the cloud." And it became sad but true "news" yesterday when Oracle ...
June 25, 2013 - ReadWriteWeb
- LK Advani in Thaindian.com (blog)
I wish to forewarn the Congress party. There are several reasons why the people are angry at their rule. But, as far as the price rise is concerned, they will make you pay a heavy price whenever the elections are held,Advani said.
- Mark Hughes in BBC Sport
Without further explanation from you, I will feel compelled, upon returning to Washington, to forewarn my colleagues in the Congress that any visits with your government offer little value toward bringing peace and security to Palestinians and... Eric Cantor http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Cantor&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHXP8614PpA45rLjvK2cJdV2HU5cQ Jerusalem Post http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite%3Fc%3DJPArticle%26cid%3D1186557440563%26pagename%3DJPost%252FJPArticle%252FShowFull&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGeeoYONqhgzu73cRLiiX1CPTcAIA Aug 13, 2007
39092 50417 forewarning Notwithstanding media coverage to the contrary, I was given no forewarning as to the club's decision," said Hughes. "The speed with which my successor's appointment was announced suggests the club made its decision some time ago."