football : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various games played with a ball (round or oval) in which two teams try to kick or carry or propel the ball into each other's goal
- n the inflated oblong ball used in playing American football
- To hear Joseph "Sepp" Blatter president of FIFA, global football's governing body talk, it's a Shakespearean tale of treachery between two Swiss countrymen, the tragic .
- He was the epitome of a certain breed of winning football coach, a giant tending to paunch since his playing days, a man with a muscular glad-hand and sharp tongue, a celebrity of .
- Both the football and basketball programs at the University of Cincinnati were disciplined late last week for rules violations, and Southern Methodist University's football program .
News & Articles
- Football Vols had 909 APR for 2011-12
KNOXVILLE — Tennessee's football program must make improvements on the field to end a two-year run of not playing in a bowl game, but the Volunteers also have work to do academically to ensure their eligibility for the postseason after the 2013 season.
June 12, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Football APR should be in good hands with BIelema
FAYETTEVILLE - Arkansas football was the program that came closest to the Academic Progress Rate benchmark of 930 after netting a four-year score of 938 in data released by the NCAA on Tuesday.
June 12, 2013 - The Log Cabin Democrat
- Utah football: Summer vacation means work for football players
Utah football: Summer vacation means work for football players by Lya Wodraska The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 11, 2013 11:26PM MDT Utah football coach Kyle Whittingham is fond of calling Utah’s offseason conditioning program one of the most crucial times for player development, as his athletes pack on muscle and work on individual skills. The idea is to get bigger, faster and stronger so ...
June 12, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Johan Cruyff in SkySports
Spain's style is the style of Barcelona,Cruyff told El Periodico. "Now, Spain is favourite to win the World Cup. Last night (Wednesday), that same Germany team that dazzled us against Argentina played football as it knows best; a football...
- Mike Garrett in TideSports.com
I'm writing to follow up with you on the report that your institution called freshman USC football student-athlete Dillon Baxter without permission to contact,Garrett said in the letter to Moore. "I have spoken with Mr. Baxter and he has...
- Diego Maradona in Bleacher Report
I'm as disappointed as all Argentines,Diego said. "To see my country lose a football match is very hard for someone who has worn the shirt."