fomentation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a substance used as a warm moist medicinal compress or poultice
- n application of warm wet coverings to a part of the body to relieve pain and inflammation
- n deliberate and intentional triggering (of trouble or discord)
- They are bereft of any ideas other than their traditional fomentation of fear, hate and greed.
- The other factualities are the the ones pointing to the mian critics in the Republican party, a large number of whom have entire careers based on the dissemination and fomentation .
- The cause of this fomentation of tourists was a gleaming, new, $750,000 Latter-day Saints Temple.
- Shirin Ebadi in Atlanta Journal Constitution
I can think of no scenario more alarming,Ebadi concludes, "no internal shift more dangerous than that engendered by the West imagining that it can bring democracy to Iran through either military might or the fomentation of violent...
- Ali Larijani in Tehran Times
The two countries are making efforts to prevent the fomentation of sectarian strife in the region,Larijani noted.