- n a song that is traditionally sung by the common people of a region and forms part of their culture
- Before she was through telling her story, fleshy, 60-year-old Frankie Baker had poked holes enough in the time-tested legend to scuttle any folksong.
- Jilson Setters has earned wide publicity for Miss Thomas' folksong society.
- Richard Rodney Bennett in China Daily
Sir Richard Rodney Bennett told the Guardian newspaper that he had completed the 27-minute piece, for cello and orchestra, titled "Reflections on a Scottish Folksong".
- Pete Seeger in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Throughout the world,said singer Pete Seeger, "folksong collectors tend to dig up old bones from one graveyard and put them into another graveyard -- their filing cabinets. But Alan Lomax and his father, John, wanted the American people to...