- n an X-ray machine that combines an X-ray source and a fluorescent screen to enable direct observation
- They can put their apparatus to work watching a fluoroscope in a darkened room; it can see in light ten times too dim for human eyes.
- Most physicians would rather use a fluoroscope than X-ray photographs; it's the difference between watching a movie and a set of stills.
- In the hourlong procedure, the surgeon, guided by images on a fluoroscope, inserts a 6-in.
- Terry Francona in Boston Globe (registration)
He got a shot, but the shot, they needed to get it in the joint space,Francona said. "And they can't do that without a fluoroscope. He had been looked at by the doctors. They said, you're really not going to make this worse, it just hurts....