fluorosis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a pathological condition resulting from an excessive intake of fluorine (usually from drinking water)
- The CDC recently announced that 32% of American children now have some form of dental fluorosis, a white or brown mottling of the teeth.
News & Articles
- Study: Hidden Fluoride in Infant Foods Can Mar Babies' Teeth
NEW YORK, March 24, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Babies risk dental fluorosis from unlabeled fluoride in infant foods, say researchers in General Dentistry, reports the New York State Coalition Opposed to Fluoridation (NYSCOF).Detectable fluoride levels, found in all 360 samples tested, is due to pesticides, fertilizers, soil, groundwater and/or fluoridated water used in processing, the ...
March 24, 2014 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- White in EurekAlert (press release)
When fluoride gets into your bones, it stays there for years, and there is no established treatment for skeletal fluorosis,Whyte says. "No one knows if you can fully recover from it."
- John Gormley in Ireland Online
Speaking at a press conference in Dublin, Deputy Gormley said: "The latest advice from the American Dental Association tells parents to avoid using fluoridated water when bottle feeding babies because of the dangers of fluorosis - the staining and...