fluorite : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a soft mineral (calcium fluoride) that is fluorescent in ultraviolet light; chief source of fluorine
- The Russians are ready to supply long-term credits, but only for a price: the right to exploit Afghanistan's copper, fluorite, oil, rare earth minerals and, some reports say .
- New proposals are being discussed to exploit huge Afghan copper and fluorite deposits on terms that one international expert likens to those for Cuban sugar; such deals could .
- Since eka-iodine would be a halide like fluorine, chlorine, bromine and iodine, only heavier, he used seawater, fluorite and other halogen compounds.
News & Articles
- Global and Chinese Fluorite Industry Report, 2012-2014
Dublin -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/43jgb6/global_and) has announced the addition of the "Global and Chinese Fluorite Industry Report, 2012-2014" report ...
Oct. 23, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Purple Cube Crystal Tops Auction Sales
A purple, cube-shaped crystal topped sales at a minerals-focused public auction, held Sunday (Oct. 20) in Dallas. The auction house, Heritage Auctions, had expected the specimen, which primarily featured a mineral known as fluorite, to be the top seller. But, at $125,000, the selling price fell short of the $200,000-plus expected by the auction house.
Oct. 22, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News