- n a nonmetallic univalent element belonging to the halogens; usually a yellow irritating toxic flammable gas; a powerful oxidizing agent; recovered from fluorite or cryolite or fluorapatite
- The long test made by the New York State Department of Health to test the value of fluorine compounds in preventing tooth decay reached the stage of announcing results last week .
- This water contained six parts of fluorine to the million.
- Although fluorine makes ugly smiles, it preserves teeth "independently of mottled enamel.
News & Articles
- High School Student Jessica Lee Prints Vulgar Message Below Yearbook Pic
A high school student was able to print a very vulgar message below her yearbook photo, as she hid it in periodic table code. Jessica Lee wrote "F**k b**ches get money" below her picture. The message read as, "(F) fluorine (U) uranium ( C) carbon (K) potassium (Bi) bismuth (Tc) technetium (He) helium (S) sulfur (Ge) germanium (T m) thulium (O) oxygen (Ne) neon (Y) yttrium." Users on Reddit put ...
June 17, 2013 - Opposing Views