floodlight : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n light that is a source of artificial illumination having a broad beam; used in photography
- v illuminate with floodlights
- Later, when Roeder and Treat turned on a powerful floodlight, they could watch the bats diving on their prey and hear, through the captive moth's ear, the bats' searching sonar .
- Not only that, but in planning the lighting for the buildings, it had been found that a floodlight on the Liberal Arts building was needed to light the Theology building turret .
- Mortician Hoffman put up a canopy at the grave, at each corner a blue floodlight operated by storage batteries.
- Peter McGauran in AFP
This is a floodlight at the end of a very long tunnel,Racing New South Wales chief executive Peter V'Landys said.
- Bernie Ecclestone in Daily News (subscription)
The only problem we have with going East is the television,Ecclestone said. "We lose so much television in Europe because of the time change. So I've been urging people to floodlight the circuits in order to have the race at night."
- Sebastien Frey in Guardian Unlimited
I was blinded by a floodlight,Frey told French radio to explain a blunder which might have cost him a place in France's Euro 2008 squad and will lead to calls for Olympique Marseille's gifted 22-year-old Steve Mandada to get a chance.