- n pebbles of flint used in masonry construction
- It can appeal to a flintstone fundamentalism that argues that materialist secular humanism, with its seductive technological wealth and toys and vices, fosters a godless hubris.
News & Articles
- Restaurant stops selling giant hamburger "for obvious reasons"
WINNIPEG - A fast-food restaurant in Manitoba has backtracked on its offer to make customers a burger fit for Fred Flintstone.
June 14, 2013 - The Fargo Forum
- Merion Moments: Tiger Woods finally tees off
ARDMORE, Pa. — "YABBA DABBA DOO!" Fred Flintstone's cry rang over the area around the first tee of Merion Golf Club on Thursday and what it lacked in current cultural relevancy it made up for in volume. A portion of … Continue reading ?
June 13, 2013 - Devil Ball Golf via Yahoo! Sports
- Rocky Gap casino tops $700k in first 10 days
FLINTSTONE — Maryland officials say Rocky Gap Casino Resort’s revenue topped $700,000 during its first 10 days. The Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Commission reports that the casino made $776,133 after opening May 22. More than $600,000 was from slots. Allegany County Commission President Michael McKay tells the Cumberland Times-News that it’s too early to [...]
June 12, 2013 - The Daily Record
- Larry Christiansen in International Herald Tribune
American grandmaster Larry Christiansen called the maneuver "very crude, cave-man like - Think 'Fred Flintstone.'" Kramnik disagreed, calling it "rather unusual but not at all bad."
- Troy Van Leeuwen in Daily Star
Guitarist Troy Van Leeuwen, 37, explained: "It was a naive point in time, with cartoon characters selling cigarettes and stuff like that. Like Fred Flintstone buying Camels. So we decided to invent a character called Bulby to sell our new record."
- James Arnold Taylor in Newsarama
What's funny is most of my bigger roles tend to come in threes,says Taylor. "I'm the third actor to voice Fred Flintstone. I'm the third to play Obi Wan, if you count Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor. I'm also the third person to voice...