- v burn brightly
- v become flared and widen, usually at one end
- v shine with a sudden light
- v erupt or intensify suddenly
- s streaming or flapping or spreading wide as if in a current of air
ran quickly, her flaring coat behind her
- Protests are flaring across China's countryside over everything from land seizures to corruption.
- With flaring red lipstick on a face that hasn't seen much time in the California sun, and with a grieving matched in severity only by her will to learn the truth, Jolie carries the .
- With production decreasing because of low price incentives and a great deal of gas likely being lost from capping wells and flaring gas, the oversupply will not last, and the .
News & Articles
- Los Angeles council committee to discuss Playa del Rey natural gas release
A January natural gas release that triggered flaring at Southern California Gas Co.'s Playa del Rey storage facility will be discussed at a meeting today in downtown Los Angeles.
June 28, 2013 - Daily Breeze
- NASA Ames prepares to take new portrait of sun, solving old mysteries
A special space camera, designed and built by Lockheed Martin in Palo Alto and controlled by NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, will focus on a new mission that begins this week: to capture the best images ever of the sun's roiling, flaring nuclear fire.
June 27, 2013 - San Jose Mercury News
- Hess Is Fracking and Flaring in East Ohio
A bright orange flame along Lude Road shows New York City-based Hess Corp. is fracking for natural gas in Belmont County, while flaring away some of the excess gases.
June 26, 2013 - The Intelligencer / Wheeling News-Register
- Syed Hamid Albar in FOXNews
The arrests Friday were "aimed at protecting public order and preventing racial tension from flaring," said Home Minister Syed Hamid Albar, rejecting allegations that the detentions were aimed at thwarting opposition leader Anwar Ibraham's bid...
- Joe Crede in Pittsburgh Pirates News
They both really strongly believed that, so we went that route,Crede said. "It's just a matter of it's still flaring up. We just want to rid the problem, that's basically what we want to do. Right now, we're basically waiting on the other...
- Phil Mickelson in Washington Post
I don't have a specific one shotwhen he hurt his wrist, Mickelson said. "It was just numerous shots of jarring impact. And then when I went to hit drivers a day later, it just started flaring up."