firth : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n English linguist who contributed to linguistic semantics and to prosodic phonology and who was noted for his insistence on studying both sound and meaning in context (1890-1960)
- n a long narrow estuary (especially in Scotland)
- Had a fourth or firth-rate author entered a certain railroad car that loaded up one day last week in the Pennsylvania Station, Manhattan, he would have thought that, verily, he .
News & Articles
- GHS Senior Prom
Elya Bottiger, Kyle Bejnerowicz, Maia Murdock, Isaac Ilivicky, Ashley Malafronte, and Noah Firth defy the June 7 downpour and gather with their Guilford Senior Prom cohorts. While the...
June 12, 2013 - Guilford Courier
- New computers contributed to Firth Youth Center
Representatives of the Joseph H. Firth Youth Center, Phillipsburg, and the Phillipsburg Rotary Club check out one of eight new computers presented to the Youth Center through an international cooperative program.
June 11, 2013 - The Warren Reporter
- Clemson's Firth Selected in 19th Round of MLB Draft Saturday
Senior righthander Scott Firth (Buffalo Grove, IL) was selected in the 19th round of the Major League Draft on Saturday. He was taken with the #559 overall pick by the Colorado Rockies. Firth had a
June 9, 2013 - Live 5 News Charleston
- Michael Daley in Sydney Morning Herald
The Roads Minister, Michael Daley, left the door open to the proposal, saying: "I'm happy to look at anything that changes the behaviour of young people on the road. I'll be talking to [Education Minister] Verity Firth and looking at new ways of...