- n the end (tip) of a finger
- A hidden gem, this little app allows you to circumvent the iPhone's standard hunt-and-peck fingertip typing a major iPhone-user gripe when you're composing an e-mail message.
- When a child's fingertip is sliced off or smashed in a car door, most doctors sew up the wound or attempt to reconstruct the digit.
- His mother pulled him back from despair when, after he lost his hearing, she invented what is now known as finger Braille, a method of conversation through fingertip taps that .
News & Articles
- Fingernails reveal clues to limb regeneration
Mammals possess the remarkable ability to regenerate a lost fingertip, including the nail, nerves and even bone. In humans, an amputated fingertip can sprout back in as little as two months, a phenomenon that has remained poorly understood until now. Biologists now shed light on this rare regenerative power in mammals, using genetically engineered mice to document for the first time the ...
June 12, 2013 - Science Daily
- Chopped: How Amputated Fingertips Sometimes Grow Back
Since the 1970s, doctors around the world have reported cases in which young kids regrow fingertips if an accident leaves some of the fingernail. Now scientists have figured out how this lizard-like regeneration happens in mice and suspect the same mechanism works in young humans.
June 12, 2013 - NPR
- Fingernails could help regenerate lost limbs
KRISTEN BUTLER, UPI.com Scientists finger new nail stem cell that lets us regenerate fingertips, and could help us regrow whole limbs.
June 12, 2013 - UPI
- Joe Biden in Forbes
There's a fingertip instinct that tells me something is going on. I feel like I'm still in the game,Biden said in a telephone interview as he traveled to a campaign event in Cedar Rapids.
- Rasheed Wallace in Forbes
We killed him on that Greg Ostertag fingertip dunk,Wallace said. "We've been trying to get him to dunk all year, so I guess he decided to come home to get his little fingertip dunk."
- Tony La Russa in USA Today
It's enough to concern you,La Russa said. "It's the fingertip on his pitching hand, so it's something to be concerned about."