finely : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in tiny pieces
the surfaces were finely granular
- r in an elegant manner
finely costumed actors
- r in a delicate manner
finely shaped features
- Since then, international audiences have glimpsed Zhang in Peacock, a finely wrought coming-of-age tale that captured top honors at this year's Berlin Film Festival, and Seven .
- Its unstoppable, finely tuned PR machine has managed to overcome every downside (how often do you hear that Saudi Arabia, Iran and Iraq are right next door?) to make the city a .
- They are finely tuned flying machines sensitive to the slightest tug of a master's hand.
News & Articles
- Tour de France 2013 stage 5 preview
This article was originally published on Cyclingnews.com . This is a finely balanced stage where riders of different types will feel they have a chance. It rolls through the Provençal hills just inland from the coast. The climbs are not tough and not hard enough to stop the sprinters putting a cross next to this stage. They won't have many chances this year and will want to make the most of ones ...
June 14, 2013 - BikeRadar
- Man-Made Material Shows Surprisingly Magnetic Personality
Scientists from SLAC and Stanford have used finely tuned X-rays at the Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource (SSRL) to pin down the source of a mysterious magnetism that appears when two materials are sandwiched together.
June 13, 2013 - PhotonicsOnline
- Art Museum's 'Visions of Community' features collage of local work
The 'Visions of Community' exhibition at the Art Museum of Greater Lafayette showcases artwork - from finely crafted oil paintings to iPhone snapshots - submitted by community members in 8-by-10 frames. These are just a few of community members who participated and the art you can find along the walls.
June 13, 2013 - Journal & Courier
- Howard Koh in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Cigarettes are finely tuned drug delivery devices, designed to perpetuate a tobacco pandemic,said Howard Koh, an associate dean for public health practice who worked on the analysis. "Yet precise information about these products remains...
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
I was surprised by how finely calibrated every single word was measured,Obama said. "I wasn't saying anything that I hadn't said before."
- Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett in BBC News
Mrs Beckett, who left her government job as housing minister in last week's reshuffle, said: "I think at the moment we have got very considerable problems in Parliament. We have got to make changes. After the next election, if we have a more finely...