figural : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s consisting of or forming human or animal figures
a figural design
- There's a water gun from England, which is a figural water gun of Batman basically bent over.
- The CogAT, by contrast, is a test that measures verbal, quantitative and figural reasoning abilities, irrespective of any one curriculum.
- His own preference is for abstract figural arrangements with the "thumping, alive sense of skin on skin.
News & Articles
- Appraised for $100,000 and sold for $2,235,000
Michaan's Auctions, an auction house in Alameda, recently sold two items that set world records. The first and most notable piece is a soapstone figural carving of Tang Ying which was appraised at $100,000-150,000. The substantial piece dates to the 18th century and displays a range of detailed carving workmanship. The central figure of the carving is Tang Ying, the most innovative and ...
June 29, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Stephen Houston in Providence Journal
The MacArthur Foundation biography of Houston describes him as "an anthropologist illuminating the intellectual and emotional life of ancient Mesoamerican peoples, through insightful interpretations of hieroglyphic inscriptions and figural art."
- Glenn in San Francisco Chronicle
She is a major international artist who has revitalized the figural tradition in Western art, especially in the groups of anonymous striding or stooped headless forms,said Glenn Harper, editor of Sculpture magazine. "Her human and animal...