- n the decade from 1950 to 1959
- n the time of life between 50 and 60
- n the cardinal number that is the product of ten and five
- n a United States bill worth 50 dollars
- That means that a great many of the people driving dangerously fast cars are in their late fifties and their sixties.
- They come in boxes, each potato wrapped separately in tissue paper, fifties and seventies, ac cording to size, fifties being the larger.
- Plastic surgery, once the domain of the well-to-do female in her fifties, has become the obsession of the least affluent segment of younger Internet users.
News & Articles
- Ish Kabibble Meets Goldilocks In Just-Right Market
Ish Kabibble, anyone? Who remembers Ish Kabibble, an early fifties television comedian? His name was a derivative of the mock Yiddish expression, ische ga bibble, roughly translated, ?I should worry?? This sums up my market stance as well as FDR's fireside chat during the Great Depression.
June 19, 2013 - Forbes
- How to Modernize a Ladylike Silhouette with a Graphic Sweater
Ladylike looks are often fussy and decidedly non-contemporary, especially when it comes to a vintage silhouette like a fifties-inspired full skirt with a fitted sweater. But with longer hemlines making a comeback, a more demure and feminine look suddenly feels fresh and new. Take this street style photo above, of ... More »
June 18, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Driver crashes into construction zone drop-off in downtown Grand Rapids
Police on the scene said the driver, a woman in her mid-fifties, became confused by construction on Monroe Avenue in downtown Grand Rapids shortly before 6 p.m. The driver believed she had to be in the right lane to continue down the street and erroneously drove into the construction area for a new Rapid bus stop.
June 18, 2013 - The Grand Rapids Press
- Pete Seeger in Independent
I was used to things like this, way back in what I call the Frightened Fifties,Seeger told reporters this week. "They were dangerous times."
- Daniel Craig in NBC Dallas-Fort Worth
I think the role could easily be played by a black actor, because the character created by Ian Fleming in the Fifties has undergone a great deal of evolution and continues to be updated,Craig told the Agi news service, as quoted by the UK's...
- Tamim Iqbal in AFP
When I started playing Test cricket I was in two minds whether to go slow or go fast -- and originally I decided to go slow,Tamim said. "It was not working for me. The first 10 Tests were not good -- I think I only got two fifties. The...