fiendishly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r as a devil; in an evil manner
- While there's little doubt that humans are helping heat up the planet, the questions of how much, how quickly and leading to what consequences are fiendishly difficult to pin down.
- Google profiles are the search giant's fiendishly clever attempt to turn your ego-surfing pain into their gain.
- Instead of working out who owns what, lawyers and mediators are trying to figure out the fiendishly trickier conundrum of who owes what.
News & Articles
- Michelle Tea Adds a Dash of Salt to Her Fairy Tale
Mermaid in Chelsea Creek imbues the author's grimy hometown — and her teenage protagonist — with magical possibilities. by Azeen Ghorayshi Thirteen-year-old Sophie Swankowski can't seem to satisfy her craving for salt. She unscrews the caps on salt shakers and dumps mounds of the tiny crystals into her mouth, fiendishly adds it to her cereal, and in one desperate moment goes so far as to dunk ...
June 12, 2013 - East Bay Express
- 'Castlevania: Lordsof Shadow 2' due out next winter
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2,the sequel to 2010's acclaimed and fiendishly difficult reimaging of the "Castlevania" franchise, will come out next winter for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, Konami said during its pre-E3 press briefing Thursday."Lords of Shadow 2" picks up immediately after the events of the original "Lords of Shadow." Reprising the role of Dracula, players will be able to explore ...
June 6, 2013 - MSNBC
- Josep Guardiola in Daily News & Analysis
We were ourselves again and we won at one of the most fiendishly difficult stadiums of this season,Guardiola told a news conference.
- Richard Lambert in Reuters UK
...said while in many respects Britain was in a much healthier condition than troubled euro zone countries such as Greece or Spain, cutting the deficit would be a "fiendishly difficult task."
- Clara Barton in Fort Worth Star Telegram
As Clara Barton, founder and president of the American National Red Cross, wrote when she arrived to offer assistance: "It was one of those monstrosities of nature which defied exaggeration and fiendishly laughed at all tame attempts of words to...