fief : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a piece of land held under the feudal system
- Yet there they were, three days after the assassination of Benazir Bhutto, their beloved wife and mother, proclaiming themselves inheritors of her political fief, the Pakistan .
- Bad blood between the Colombos and Gallos went back to 1960, when Joey, along with his brothers Larry and Albert ("Kid Blast"), began a rebellion in the Brooklyn fief of the late .
- The Dear Leaderstrongman Kim Jong Ilruns the country like a medieval fief.
News & Articles
- Fief found guilty of 2nd-degree murder, menacing with a deadly weapon
Craig resident Leroy Fief, 49, was found guilty of second-degree murder and menacing with a deadly weapon in the stabbing death of Shane Arredondo on Dec. 9.
Sept. 27, 2013 - The Steamboat Pilot & Today
- Fief will not testify in murder trial
Leroy Fief, on trial for the murder of Shane Arredondo, told the Moffat County Court on Wednesday that he would not testify on his own behalf. Fief’s announcement came as a surprise, since even his lawyer, Jeremy Snow, said he had not anticipated Fief's change of heart. Fief had been expected to testify since the beginning of the trial. Snow said his client made the decision based on Judge ...
Sept. 26, 2013 - The Steamboat Pilot & Today
- Jury begins deliberation in Fief murder trial
The jury for the Fief murder trial began deliberating at about 3 p.m. Thursday. Leroy Fief, 49, of Craig, has been charged with first-degree murder related to the stabbing death of Shane Arredondo on Dec. 9.
Sept. 26, 2013 - Craig Daily Press
- Mehbooba Mufti in Hindustan Times
...focus on personal comfort, luxury and fun not only drained the state exchequer but also resulted in serious inadequacies in governance, she said adding, "The chief minister treated the state as a personal fief or worse, a toy that pleased...
- James Reston Jr in Times Online
Mr Reston says that, while other books have relegated Balian to a footnote, he elevated the character to a minor hero in his book: "A tall man of noble bearing, this blueblood had for years reigned his fief well."