fetus : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an unborn or unhatched vertebrate in the later stages of development showing the main recognizable features of the mature animal
- As the fetus grew, it burst the tube and escaped into the abdominal cavity.
- Inside the Womb Trace the fetus from conception to birth Actual Size View the embryo throughout the first trimester.
- Antiabortion activists may interpret them as evidence that a fetus is a viable human being earlier than generally believed, while pro-choice advocates may argue that the new .
- Thomas Sowell in AFP
We know that alcohol exposure is toxic to the developing fetus and can result in lifelong brain, cognitive and behavioral problems,said Sowell, whose study appears in Wednesday's issue of The Journal of Neuroscience. "In this study, we...
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg in Guardian Unlimited
Throughout, the opinion refers to obstetrician-gynecologists and surgeons who perform abortions not by the titles of their medical specialties, but by the pejorative label `abortion doctor,' wrote Ginsburg. "A fetus is described as an...
- Harry Blackmun in Evening Bulletin
In writing the majority opinion for Roe, Justice Blackmun wrote, "If this suggestion of personhood is established, the appellant's case [the case for abortion], of course, collapses, for the fetus' right to life would then be guaranteed specifically...