felicitation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (usually plural) an expression of pleasure at the success or good fortune of another
- n the act of acknowledging that someone has an occasion for celebration
- Most startling felicitation came from insurgent Republican Senator Hiram Johnson of California, no friend to President Hoover.
- The Government and people of the United States unite in cordial felicitation on this anniversary of Your Majesty's birth.
- From the letter it appeared that Major Judson Hannigan hoped the onetime Kaiser Wilhelm would send an expression of felicitation to be read when there is unveiled at the .
- Sharad Pawar in Hindu
The felicitation function for the members of the 1983 World Cup winning team will be held at Taj Palace in New Delhi on June 22,Pawar said here after a book launch programme.
- Ramanathan Krishnan in Times of India
We were all young then and made it to the Challenge Round. We miss Premjit at this moment, but we are thankful to all of you for this felicitation,Krishnan said.
- Amitabh Bachchan in Business of Cinema
In receiving the award, Bachchan, who is also the brand ambassador of IIFA, said, "I am very honoured to receive this recognition. I have been working in this industry for the last 40 years and appreciate this felicitation."