federalization : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the state of being under federal control
the federalization of postal service
- n the act of being put under federal control
- But, further federalization of the United States cannot be achieved until there is a complete domination by liberal progressives in this country.
- The bill's controversial core was a proposal for complete federalization of unemployment pay.
- For a long time now the humble State Governments have been batting their gums about too much federalization, and have been arguing themselves black and blue that States can .
News & Articles
- The Problem With Our Current Legal System? Too Many Laws, Lawyers Tell Congress
One could be forgiven for missing this one. The House Committee on the Judiciary heard arguments on Friday at a hearing about "Defining the Problem and Scope of Over-criminalization and Over-federalization." The Blog of LegalTimes has an excellent summary: A panel of four attorneys told members of Congress today that one way to fix the nation's bloated and convoluted criminal code is to require ...
June 17, 2013 - Forbes
- President Bush in Kaiser network.org
Bush said, "I believe this is a step toward federalization of health care," adding that Congress' proposal "is beyond the scope of the program, and that's why I'm going to veto the bill" (Silva, Chicago Tribune , 9/21).
- John Kerry in Guardian Unlimited
The president hides behind the word 'federalization' because his political base opposes doing what is decent and humane,said Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass. "The Senate and the House both approved legislation that would extend health care...
- Orrin Hatch in Forbes
Absent a clear demonstration that the states have failed in their law-enforcement responsibilities, the federalization of hate crimes is premature,said Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, who proposed instead a study of the matter in a separate amendment.