federation : Definition, Usages, News and More
fe duh ray shuhn
- n an organization formed by merging several groups or parties
- n a union of political organizations
- n the act of constituting a political unity out of a number of separate states or colonies or provinces so that each member retains the management of its internal affairs
- But that was before Brunei withdrew from the planned federation in a state of pique, leaving Malaya, Singapore, Sarawak and North Borneo to go it alone.
- Meanwhile the Tunku was busy shoring up what remains of the federation.
- After years of weak central leadership, Yugoslavia's loose federation of six republics and two autonomous provinces seemed about to fall prey to a new plague of nationalism .