fauve : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a member of a group of French painters who followed fauvism
- But the dealers think early fauve and impressionist paintings are today's price leaders for a simple reason: both periods were of relatively brief duration.
- One would logically expect that given the tremendous efforts of ! abstraction and integration that had gone into his work from his fauve paintings of 1905-06 to The Moroccans of .
- The lessons of cubism and fauve color, thinks Minaux, have by now become the unconscious inheritance automatically guiding and correcting the artist's eye and intelligence, thus .
News & Articles
- Fauve, Expressionist Masterpieces At Israel Museum
JERUSALEM, ISRAEL — Beginning July 5, the Israel Museum will showcase Fauve and Expressionist paintings from one of the world’s most notable private collections of Modern art in the exhibition “Color Gone Wild: Fauve and Expressionist Masterworks from the Merzbacher Collection.”
June 25, 2013 - Antiques and the Arts