- n (Islam) a legal opinion or ruling issued by an Islamic scholar
bin Laden issued three fatwahs calling upon Muslims to take up arms against the United States
- How is this any different from a fatwah issued from the Arab street that demands that Rushdie or the a Danish cartoonists be put to death on sight?.
- PTI: Has your view of Midnight's Children changed with time ? post-fatwah? Rushdie: Midnight's Children in my mind belongs to its moment.
- That's an important point because too many Americans, all they see is this lunatic on the air declaring how many Americans he will kill, declaring a fatwah, but that is not .
- Osama bin Laden in Las Cruces Sun-News
Osama Bin Laden said in 1998, "In compliance with God's order, we issue the following fatwah (ruling on Islamic law) to all Muslims. The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies......civilians and military......is an individual duty for every...
- Nizamuddin Auliya in CNN-IBN
What did England do about this (the fatwah). Have they banned these organisations? Have they arrested the person who has done that? No, nothing. In the name of human rights, in the name of liberty, human liberty, freedom of speech, this is going... Pervez Musharraf http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pervez_Musharraf&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFAVhzySYuE3lF9745wqWMC9w52og Hindu http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200507221117.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNElAuOd_AuBvbewIwOsyDuXMTVWxg Jul 21, 2005
36606 47338 fatwah General Secretary All India Muslim Personal Law Board, Maulana Nizamuddin says, The muslim girls who participate in sports competitions do not fall under the fatwah."