fantasy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n imagination unrestricted by reality
a schoolgirl fantasy
- n fiction with a large amount of imagination in it
- n something many people believe that is false
- v indulge in fantasies
- I'm perfectly comfortable with fantasy, so I think it's definitely fantasy.
- All the fantasy baseball leagues that give $1,000 to the winner are small fry compared with the high-stakes world of fantasy fishing.
- Do you think a lot of men have that fantasy? Absolutely.
- George Steinbrenner in ESPN
A deadline is a deadline. It was pretty much done as of this morning,Yankees senior vice president Hank Steinbrenner said on Tuesday. "He's a fine pitcher, but there's a lot of things that go into this. This isn't fantasy baseball."
- Aretha Franklin in Forbes
We are at the cusp of turning the impossible into reality,Franklin said. "Yes, this is reality, not a fantasy, or a fairy tale."
- Clint Eastwood in guardian.co.uk
Whatever reaction it had, it was great fun at that time,Eastwood said. "It was a fantasy role. You point a .44 Magnum at someone and say, `Do you feel lucky?"