- s widely known and esteemed
a famed scientist
- To Eugene O'Neill, 36, famed playwright, a daughter, Onna; in Bermuda.
- Leopold Lojka 40, innkeeper, famed as the chauffeur who drove the automobile which carried Archduke Francis Ferdinand at Sarajevo to his assassination; at Brnn, Czechoslovakia.
- Ina Claire, famed comedienne, from James Whittaker (Manhattan); in Paris.
News & Articles
- Developers buy site of famed Chicago restaurant
A group of developers have purchased the basement of a luxury condominium building from the city of Chicago that was once the site of a famed restaurant.
June 19, 2013 - CBS4 Quad Cities
- Famed Houston chef opens dream restaurant, L’Olivier
HOUSTON – Chef Olivier Ciesielski has seen it all. From the famed ‘Le Crillon’ in Paris, to the personal kitchen of the Onassis family in Switzerland, to the lights and stage of Iron Chef America. Chef Olivier has lived his …
June 18, 2013 - CW39 NewsFix
- FBI digging at former home of famed NY mobster
NEW YORK (AP) — FBI agents with jackhammers and shovels were digging Tuesday under a New York City house once occupied by a famed gangster who inspired Robert De Niro's character in the movie "Goodfellas."
June 18, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Genevieve in NBC 4.com
Praiano, Italy, is on the famed Amalfi Coast, but has more in the way of budget lodging options,said Genevieve Brown, a senior editor for Travelocity.com.
- Achim Steiner in BBC News
Achim Steiner said: "Places such as the Galapagos, Hawaii and the Seychelles are famed for their beauty, which owes itself to the diversity of plants, animals and ecosystems. The Red List tells us that human activities are leading to a swathe of...