falsetto : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a male singing voice with artificially high tones in an upper register
- s artificially high; above the normal voice range
a falsetto voice
- She answers in a beguiling falsetto that "My uncle lies awake; you must wait.
- in credible RB falsetto over power guitar chords.
- Listen to that plaintive opening guitar lead into Smokey's near falsetto, then follow him to the heartbreaking chorus ("Take a good look at my faceYou'll see my smile looks out of .
News & Articles
- Staff Pick: Night Beds’ falsetto folk is derivative but gorgeous
We’ve reached the point when Fleet Foxes is a primary influence. Winston Yellen, the wistful whimper behind Night Beds, clearly spent a lot of time since basking in Robin Peckinold’s warm, woodsy glow. He probably nabbed those Bon Iver records too, as long as we’re talking about rustic cabin falsetto folk-rock bands that broke out in 2008 and graduated to headliner status in 2011.
June 19, 2013 - Columbus Alive
- Singer, yodeler Slim Whitman dies at 90
Country singer Slim Whitman, known for his yodeling skills and falsetto voice, died Wednesday of heart failure at age 90, his family said.Recent generations may know Whitman best from the musical hits collections he sold on television in the 1980s and the numerous jokes "Tonight Show" host Johnny Carson made at his expense. But he was a star long before that on two continents. His 1955 hit "Rose ...
June 19, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Legendary country singer Slim Whitman dead at 90
By Patricia Reaney and Tim Ghianni NEW YORK/NASHVILLE (Reuters) - Legendary country singer and songwriter Slim Whitman, known for his smooth falsetto and high-pitched yodeling talent, died in Florida on Wednesday at the age of 90, his son-in-law said. Roy Beagle, who is married to Whitman's daughter Sharon, said the singer-songwriter who was born Ottis Dewey Whitman Jr. was admitted to hospital ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Jonathan Knight in Vancouver Sun
People perceive us (being) shrewder than we actually are,said Knight. "We didn't think too deeply about the music. It was more feel than anything else. If something needs a rap here, we put it in; if it needs a falsetto there, we put it...
- Mufi Hannemann in Honolulu Star-Bulletin
Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann noted that "her signature falsetto voice and tremendous repertoire captivated audiences everywhere."