fallow : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n cultivated land that is not seeded for one or more growing seasons
- s left unplowed and unseeded during a growing season
- s undeveloped but potentially useful
a fallow gold market
- To be sure, all of China's RD won't lie fallow forever.
- The church anticipates spiritually fallow periods.
- Is it just me I mean, me and my infallible film sense or are action movies getting better while nearly every other genre has gone fallow and flaccid?.
News & Articles
- Hunting: Local hunters snag stags in New Zealand
Area hunters Paul Mueller and Jay Scott recently returned from a New Zealand trip, where they each took a great red stag. They also scored on fallow deer and arapawa rams.
June 16, 2013 - Sheboygan Press
- Hong Kong's Old Airport Reborn As Hong Kong's New Cruise Ship Terminal
The Kai Tak Airport, better known as Hong Kong International, dutifully served the island city for nearly three quarters of a century before shutting down in 1998. But rather than let that prime civic real estate fallow, the Hong Kong government has transformed it into a dazzling new cruise ship port. Read more...
June 14, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Navy revises plan for solar panels on runway
The Navy says it no longer favors covering an historic Hawaii runway with solar panels to meet green energy requirements and will instead place panels on fallow acreage.
June 13, 2013 - Hawaii News Now
- Oscar Goodman in San Jose Mercury News
No one is going to allow us to dry up,Goodman said at a news conference Thursday, according to The Desert Sun newspaper. "The Imperial Valley farmers will have their fields go fallow before our spigots run dry."
- Donald Trump in Cybergolf National
I took a piece of land that was lying fallow, tied up in courts for years and created the No. 1 course in California,Trump said of his resurrection of the facility, which hosted the LPGA Tour's Office Depot Championship in 2005.
- Ivan Seidenberg in Radio & Television Business Report
Responding to a question about the need for broadcasters to surrender spectrum, Seidenberg said, "Cable companies have bought spectrum over the last 10 or 15 years that's been lying fallow. They haven't been using it. So here the FCC is out running...