- s designed to find information or ascertain facts
a fact-finding committee
- The second fact-finding board, appointed March 15, 1948, investigated a meat-packing strike, became one of four to see its strike settled before an injunction had to be issued.
- Reiterman was one of a handful of journalists who accompanied the Congressman on a fact-finding mission to Jonestown, Guyana.
- Republicans say the fact-finding trip is merely for show, given Obama's commitment to troop withdrawal, which he repeated in a speech July 15.
- John McCain in Christian Science Monitor
In my experience, fact-finding missions usually work best the other way around: First you assess the facts on the ground, then you present a new strategy,said McCain prior to addressing a town hall meeting in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Ban Ki-moon in Washington Post
Ban said that during a meeting with al-Bashir last month, "he said he would issue visas to the fact-finding mission."