exudation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a substance that oozes out from plant pores
- n the process of exuding; the slow escape of liquids from blood vessels through pores or breaks in the cell membranes
- After feeding on the sap of certain cultivated Oriental trees, the insects coat the tree twigs with an exudation called "lac" (from the Sanskrit word laksha, meaning 100,000 .
- In severe burns, the body loses large amounts of nitrogen, in the urine and by exudation from the burned body surface.
- Sometimes infection inflames the lining of a pleural cavity, causes an exudation which fills the cavity and leaves no space for the lung to expand.