extremist : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who holds extreme views
- s (used of opinions and actions) far beyond the norm
extremist political views
- A right-wing extremist exhibits many, but not necessarily all, of the following attributes: --believes that America is always, in every instance, the ultimate force of moral .
- Helping young Muslims gain skills and jobs will dilute the lure of extremist dogma.
- Still, the Pakistani intelligence service helped create the Taliban and other Islamic extremist groups including the terrorists who attacked Mumbai as a way of keeping .
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
Let us renew our resolve against those who perpetrated this barbaric act and who plot against us still,Obama said Friday. "In defense of our nation we will never waver. In pursuit of Al Qaeda and its extremist allies, we will never...
- Robert Gates in The Associated Press
We are engaged in a tough fight. After years of war, we have arrived at a critical moment. We must demonstrate to the Afghan people, and to the world, that Al Qaeda and its network of extremist allies will not be allowed to once again establish... David Petraeus http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Petraeus&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFjHEm6jiWNJZUKMDq-DzdIyN3nNw NATO Training Mission-Afghanistan (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ntm-a.com/news/1-categorynews/1039-gen-petraeus-assumes-command-of-isaf-&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH0Vo3V19ad2Ze_npBo1yD90_JXwg Jul 4, 2010
35736 45191 extremist We are fighting a war against al-Qaeda and its extremist allies, who directly threaten the United States, Afghanistan, and our friends and allies around the world," Gates said. "Going forward, we must pursue this mission with a unity of...