expedite : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v speed up the progress of; facilitate
This should expedite the process
- v process fast and efficiently
I will try to expedite the matter
- I will expedite this work so that the dependent work does stop and the project timeline is not compromised.
- The Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act (AEDPA), a federal law passed in 1996 to limit appeals and expedite death sentences, forced federal courts to reject Davis's pleas .
- The idea was that this would expedite death sentencing and curb crime.
News & Articles
- Leave bags behind for Broncos games
To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry into Sports Authority Field at Mile High, the Broncos announced they have adopted the new NFL policy that limits the size and type of bags fans can bring into the stadium. Leave the cooler and backpack at home.
June 14, 2013 - Denver Post
- Cards impose NFL policy on handbags at stadium
The intent is "to provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry," according to the Cardinal's statement.
June 13, 2013 - CBS 5 Phoenix
- Programming Coordinator
Tribune Broadcasting is seeking a Programming Coordinator who provides organizational and administrative support to Regional Program Director in order to expedite the administrative functions of the Programming Department. Programming Coordinator responsibilities: Compiles and distributes internal program schedules, calendars and program …
June 13, 2013 - FOX 59 Indianapolis
- Pete Geren in AFP
We concluded that we could expedite the growth by a year and that would help relieve stress on the force,Geren said.
- Robert Gates in International Herald Tribune
Gates told Khan that "we know your interest in small arms and mortars and we are looking for ways to expedite" the equipment.
- Jason Kenney in Prince George Citizen
We certainly intend to expedite any applications she makes as quickly as possible to get her back to Canada,Kenney told The Canadian Press in a phone interview from Paris.