- n a person who is voluntarily absent from home or country
- The difference in outlook between expats and locals may be the most difficult gap for the Hong Kong comedian to bridge.
- Because of the global recession, expat bankers, traders and corporate managers have lost their high-paying jobs with multinational corporations.
- Since the war's end in May, the most vocal and visible Tamil expats fighting for the rights of Tamils in Sri Lanka have been the youth.
News & Articles
- Scots Businessman Delighted by New Clients in Canada and New Zealand
A Scots businessman who has been a Financial Advisor based in Dunfermline since 1993, has seen a dramatic rise in inquiries from expats based as far away as Canada, and even New Zealand, despite a troubled UK economy. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10819836.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- World's priciest city to be an expat is...?
Oslo, Norway ranks as the world's most expensive city for expatriates, according to a new survey by ECA International, a global human resources consultancy firm. In the top 10, seven of the planet's priciest cities lie in Europe, two are found in Africa, while just one rests in Asia. The rise of Norway's capital to the top spot knocks Tokyo, Japan off the position it has claimed since 2010. This ...
June 7, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio
- John Brumby in Sydney Morning Herald
Mr Brumby said: "People around the world and expat Australians are coming together to express their support, express their unity and express their grief for those who tragically lost their life."
- Russell Crowe in Sydney Morning Herald
Apart from Souths, [I'm] developing a local production with expat Aussie writer Stuart Beattie,said Crowe, in an email to S.
- Mick Jagger in Gigwise
According to Reuters Jagger said at a news conference: "It's not really an issue. But I'm pleased that the Ministry of Culture is protecting the morals of the expat bankers and their girlfriends." "When we first applied to come here, the...