expansion : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of increasing (something) in size or volume or quantity or scope
- n a function expressed as a sum or product of terms
the expansion of (a+b)^2 is a^2 + 2ab + b^2
- n a discussion that provides additional information
- n adding information or detail
- All the matter put together doesn't have enough gravity to stop the expansion; beyond that, the antigravity effect of dark energy is actually speeding up the expansion.
- The expansion of Heathrow airport will wipe out an entire English village.
- But Putin's imperial ambitions have recently added an element of classic 19th century-style territorial expansion: Late last month, Moscow signaled its intentions to annex the .
News & Articles
- Arizona lawmakers pass Medicaid expansion
By David Schwartz PHOENIX (Reuters) - A divided Arizona Senate passed a key piece of President Barack Obama's Medicaid expansion agenda on Thursday, handing Republican Governor Jan Brewer a policy victory over fierce opposition from conservatives in her party. By an 18-11 vote, the Senate approved the bill with the backing of a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers that will add hundreds of ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Medicaid expansion moves a step closer
Medicaid expansion in Michigan took a big step forward Wednesday as a proposed bill passed in a house committee. It could up be for a vote in the full house as early as Thursday.
June 12, 2013 - ABC12 Mid-Michigan
- Amazon Expansion Renews Delivery Debate: Analysts
PHILADELPHIA – The expansion of AmazonFresh into Los Angeles recalls an earlier period of home delivery experimentation during the dot-com era, but the financial model hasn’t become more favorable in the interim, according to an analyst panel here. read more
June 12, 2013 - Supermarket News
- Ben Bernanke in Wall Street Journal
Some important headwinds -- in particular constrained bank lending and a weak job market -- likely will prevent the expansion from being as robust as we would hope,Mr. Bernanke said.
- Henry Paulson in Washington Post
I am convinced that this bold approach will cost American families far less than the alternative _ a continuing series of financial institution failures and frozen credit markets unable to fund economic expansion,Paulson said in a prepared...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in BBC News
Not some settlements, not outposts, not natural growth exceptions,Mrs Clinton said. "We think it is in the best interest of the effort that we are engaged in that settlement expansion cease."