- v expel through adjuration or prayers
- As the violence worsened, some argued that the only way to exorcize those demons would be to ditch the democratic process and hand the country back to a Saddam-style strongman.
- With shocked seriousness, Jarrell tries to exorcize the judgment that his fellow criminals have brought on themselves by singing of Man's inability to be other than he is.
- In the early days of his Presidency, he invited jugglers and street performers into the presidential residence for "a festival of democracy" to exorcize the demons of communism.
News & Articles
- Tom Mountain: Good morning, Vietnam veteran
Vietnam. The lost war. A time and place that sears at our collective memory, like a bad dream that keeps recurring despite our best efforts to exorcize it.
Nov. 7, 2013 - Newton Tab
- Ricardo Arjona in VOY Music
There's never been a social change made by a song, but that doesn't mean those issues haven't been helped by music. I write the songs I want, to exorcize the demons that plague my life,said Arjona, who has sold more than 12 million copies in...
- David Miliband in Washington Post
I think we've done more than temporarily exorcize demons,said David Miliband, a Labor member of Parliament and before that one of Blair's chief domestic policy advisers.