- n one of the minor orders in the unreformed Western Church but now suppressed in the Roman Catholic Church
- n someone who practices exorcism
- I just witnessed a few days ago an exorcism, where four men were needed to hold him from attacking the exorcist.
- HARRY POTTER The Roman Catholic Church's top exorcist, Father Gabriele Amorth, told Vatican Radio earlier this month that the beloved boy wizard of fiction was the "king of .
News & Articles
- Extended version of 'The Exorcist' to debut on Blu-ray
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is celebrating the 40th anniversary of William Friedkin's horror film "The Exorcist" with a Blu-ray release featuring the theatrical version and an extended director's cut.
June 20, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Dan Brown: By the Book
The author of “The Da Vinci Code” and, most recently, “Inferno” made “the mistake” of reading “The Exorcist” at age 15: “It was the first and last horror book I’ve ever opened.”
June 20, 2013 - New York Times
- 'The Exorcist' turns 40 (and the pea soup stains still remain)
The movie The Exorcist isn't a product of the '80s. It was more of a demon of the '80s. The first time I saw it, I was 14 years old and my friends and I had somehow watched it late at night -- either on VHS or TV, the fear has fogged the exact details. Watching it after dark was mistake No. 1. Not turning it off after the first 15 …
June 19, 2013 - Tampa Bay Times
- Louis Walsh in Mirror.co.uk
But delivering his verdict, Walsh says: "Not a note was in tune, it was like The Exorcist."
- William Friedkin in More Horror News
Regarding the two versions, director William Friedkin says, "After my final cut of the original The Exorcist, I took out 12 more minutes before we actually released it in theatres. Years later, Bill Blatty asked if I'd consider reviewing some of...
- Guillermo del Toro in MTV.com
I remember when I was a kid out of the studios came the big event horror movies, 'The Exorcist,' 'Alien,' 'Jaws,' 'The Shining,'del Toro recalled. "It is my hope that this movie will be a tentpole movie [of that sort]. It has the scope of...