existent : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a having existence or being or actuality
an attempt to refine the existent machinery to make it more efficient
- a being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verified existence; not illusory; not ghosts"
- a presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible
- The air conditioning was non-existent.
- Unlike the complex nuances of the story, the artistic details are minimal and shading is non-existent.
- Lewis dismissed the philosophy that mind results from nature: "If any thought is valid, an eternal, self-existent Reason must exist and must be the source of my own imperfect and .
- Huguette Labelle in USA Today
Countries torn apart by conflict pay a huge toll in their capacity to govern,the agency's international chairman Huguette Labelle said in a statement. "With public institutions crippled or non-existent, mercenary individuals help...
- Brad Pitt in Actress Archives
Pitt added that, "I love it and can't recommend it any more highly - although sleep is non-existent."
- Guy Carbonneau in USA Today
Our power play is non-existent because we get outworked by the opposition,Canadiens coach Guy Carbonneau said. "We have an advantage and we don't take advantage of that. That's the bottom line."