executive : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person responsible for the administration of a business
- n persons who administer the law
- n someone who manages a government agency or department
- a having the function of carrying out plans or orders etc.
the executive branch
- Cheney's resistance to oversight by anyone congressional or executive isn't new.
- The Associated Press has crunched the numbers: "Banks that are getting taxpayer bailouts awarded their top executives nearly $1.
- EXECUTIVE PAYLEWIS Carroll's Red Queen had to run as fast as she could to stay where she was.
News & Articles
- Executive items
Marjorie “Marj” Shymske has been named president of Quest Construction Products, a wholly owned North Charleston-based subsidiary of Quest Specialty Chemicals. She has more than 30 years of experience in sales, marketing and management. Previously, she was president and chief executive officer of Victor Oolitic Stone Co., and she worked for 27 years in sales and management at Owens Corning.
June 17, 2013 - The Post and Courier
- PokerStars chief executive agrees to $50 million forfeiture
The chief executive of online gaming giant PokerStars agreed to forfeit $50 million to federal prosecutors to rid his himself of a two-year-old complaint filed by the U.S. government.
June 17, 2013 - Rolling Good Times
- Executive chef for former W.Va. governors dies
HUNTINGTON -- Executive Chef VanBuren Henderson died Friday at the Emogene Dolin Jones Hospice House in Huntington.
June 16, 2013 - The Huntington Herald-Dispatch
- Bart Stupak in Trading Markets (press release)
Quite frankly, BP blew it,he said. "You cut corners to save money and time. And as the chief executive officer of BP Ã¢â‚¬| you called for fewer people in the decision-making process. You stated individuals need to be accountable for...
- Max Baucus in Washington Post (blog)
As Montana Democrat Max Baucus, the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, said after Obama's precipitous action, the confirmation process "serves as a check on executive power and protects...... all Americans by ensuring that crucial questions...
- John McCain in The Australian
McCain said that in his vice-presidential pick Palin he had "found just the right partner to help me shake up Washington''." "She has executive experience and a real record of accomplishment,'' he said, noting that she knows where she comes...