- n act of demanding or levying by force or authority
exaction of tribute
exaction of various dues and fees
- Having put up with this exaction of "phantom" freight charges for some 20 years, steel consumers finally revolted.
- Thus Peter Martyr, a Habsburg court chronicler and diplomat, greeted the Old World's first exaction upon the New: a stupendous hoard of ornaments, masks and ritual objects cast and .
- By 1712 it had become "burthensome to the nation" to house bankrupts in London's two debtors' prisons, despite the exaction of stiff entrance fees and rents for all cells better .
News & Articles
- Democrats call for criminal probe of Mark Martin
I tend to lean more toward an illegal exaction lawsuit on the hundreds of thousands of dollars Republican Secretary of State Mark Martin has spent contrary to statute on outside counsel, including Asa Hutchinson, but the law is the law, right? A news release from Democrats: Pulaski County Circuit Judge Tim Fox on Tuesday ruled that Arkansas Secretary of State Mark Martin violated ACA § 25-16-702 ...
Aug. 13, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- John Wagner in Hamptons.com
This is an exaction,Wagner said, referring to a town stipulation that would require the Richmond Corporation to build sidewalks on the south side of Montauk Highway across the street from their project which will be located on a 12 acre...