evocative : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s serving to bring to mind
- Together with an evocative Sun feature, Chesapeake Eels Seek the Sargasso Sea ("From every river and stream along the whole Atlantic Coast, eels are hurrying to the.
- Overall: McCain was McCain evocative, intense, and at times emotional, but also vague, elliptical, and atonal.
- In a career that spanned nearly six decades, his aptitude for inventing evocative, easily recognizable corporate identities spawned the Jolly Green Giant, the Marlboro Man, the .
News & Articles
- CW Tackles Social Issues in SF Romance Star-Crossed
In 2014, the Atrians arrive. Their ship, a monstrously huge thing, doesn't dock at Ellis Island, but rather crashes nose-first into (hopefully an upopulated swampy area of) Louisiana, creating an instant skyscraper evocative of the imagery of TNT's Falling Skies . These refugees were looking for a safe haven.
June 13, 2013 - The Trades
- 'Tales of Hoffmann' coherently painted
June 12--Amid all the operas about kings and queens, soldiers and demimondaines, Offenbach's "Tales of Hoffmann" stands out as an example of that evocative category of operas about artists.
June 13, 2013 - HispanicBusiness.com
- A British trophy from the 1813 sack of Hampton | Our Story
Among the most evocative artifacts I've seen while preparing an upcoming series of stories on Hampton Roads and the War of 1812 is a rifle left behind by an American sharpshooter fleeing the field of a hopeless battle.
June 10, 2013 - Daily Press
- Paul McCartney in Reuters UK
In places it's a very personal record, and a lot of it is retrospective, drawing from memory, like memories from being a kid, from Liverpool and from summers gone,McCartney said in a statement. "The album is evocative, emotional, rocking,...
- Condoleezza Rice in Forbes
I am myself deeply religious so just the name is evocative in ways that I can hardly describe,Rice said, noting that she had similar feelings when going to other holy sites in previous visits to the region.
- Paul Giamatti in International Herald Tribune
I prefer the lower-budgeted science-fiction movies where you have actual locations,Giamatti said. "I find it far more interesting and evocative to look at than a lot of the CGI stuff."