every : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s (used of count nouns) each and all of the members of a group considered singly and without exception
every person is mortal
every party is welcome
had every hope of success
every chance of winning
- s each and all of a series of entities or intervals as specified
every third seat
every two hours
- We must also stand up for affordable health care for every single veteran.
- Every challenge demands a response.
- Every party has its grievances--even Hitler had his list when he invaded Poland in 1939--but every conflict has its origin.
News & Articles
- Every 10 tobacco ad sightings boost teens' risk of starting to smoke by almost 40 percent
Tobacco ads really do persuade teens to take up smoking, with every 10 sightings boosting the risk by almost 40 percent, reveals new research.
June 13, 2013 - Science Daily
- Every NFL Team's Biggest Flaw Heading into Training Camps
Every NFL team has flaws. Some are huge, and some are small. All are noticeable, and entering training camp, NFL teams are looking at how they can improve them. For the 49ers, their biggest weakness may be something small. It may not even be a weakness on most teams. Yet it stands as their biggest flaw. The Raiders, on the other hand, may have weaknesses that are small for them but huge for ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Every Entrepreneur's Personal Manifesto
Every entrepreneur needs to have a personal manifesto. This is a public declaration of the company’s intentions and commitments. Here what they should include:
June 12, 2013 - Forbes
- Robert Gates in Wall Street Journal (blog)
I have every confidence that Gen. Mattis will respond to questions and speak publicly about the matters for which he is responsible in an entirely appropriate way,Gates said.
- Robert Byrd in Beckley Register-Herald
I told Byrd if you pave every single inch of West Virginia, it's going to be much harder to mine coal,he said, drawing a hearty laugh. "And he told me, 'The Constitution does not prohibit humble servants from delivering whatever they can...
- Barack Obama in msnbc.com
What this is about is accountability. At the end of the day that's what every American wants and expects,Obama says.